Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sherbet Float



Sherbet Float

Your choice of sherbet flavors
Lemon Lime Soda

It seems pretty easy, and it is! Simply scoop some sherbet into a glass, then top it off with the soda. This is a fruity version of a root beer float that is not only delicious, but also very pretty to boot.

Sherbet vs. Sorbet
The difference between sorbet and sherbet is easier to keep clear straight than their namesakes. A sherbet is made with milk or another fat, making it much more like ice cream than a sorbet.

A sorbet is technically Italian ice and is somewhat grainy in texture. If you've ever had a granita, then you've had a true sorbet.

You CAN use a sorbet in this recipe--hey, I'm all about the experimentation!--but I like the sherbet because of its creaminess.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy...I might just have to try that soon!

    Cool blog, Mangy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shadow! And thanks for stopping by. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this has nothing to do with the float--but it's the right blog to post it on, so here it is.

    The place I'm staying doesn't have pickle relish (I know, that's sorta un-American!)--and my fish was already in the oven and I wanted tartar sauce to go with it. So I searched the fridge and came up with sweet baby gherkins (pickles for the uninformed) and then I found a cheese grater. I put a few of those pickles over the small side of the grater. Worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? Now this is the type of thing people should email me so I can give it a proper post. I shall schedule one in the future with your tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete