Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Product Review: Floured Baking Spray

Can I just make an editorial comment here? The No-Stick Cooking Spray with Flour is a product made by Crisco.

I was enamored by the amazing commercial footage which touted how easy it would make baking for me and how efficient and quick preparing pans would soon become. Have you ever seen those commercials?

Well, I'm here to tell you that it DOES work. It IS faster than greasing and flouring a pan the old fashioned way. However, it's not nearly as glamorous as the commercials made it out to be. For one thing...
  1. The spray does not stay a floury white after spraying onto the pan. It turns clear like any other spray.
  2. The product DOES coat fairly evenly, but a few applications may be necessary for the corners.
  3. And the nozzle collects this horrid yellow goo at the top after just a couple consecutive sprays. Gah!
Needless to say, this is a two-sided review of Crisco's No-Stick Cooking Spray with Flour. While it's an effective product for those bakers out there who are in a hurry, if you get grossed out easily, then perhaps you ought to stick to tradition and get out the paper towel and shortening.

3 comments:

  1. that nasty goop can be eliminated by rinsing the nozzel after each use.

    But I have to say, I haven't ever actually needed to flour a pan--usually I just spray :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's after just pressing the nozzle two or three times to spray one plan. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm going to use a floured spray, I personally prefer the Baker's Joy brand. But the old-fashioned shortening and flour work just as well.

    ReplyDelete