Monday, May 24, 2004

Chicken & Eggs Skillet Dinner

We've been eating out so much lately! Whew... it's good to eat at home...

Tonight, I started too late to make the Black Bean Casserole I'd had on the menu. So I started defrosting some cubed chicken in hopes that inspiration would hit in five minutes or less.

Well, it did and it turned out pretty tasty. I threw in some veggies that we had lying around plus a can of Mexican tomatoes. But the wrench in all this is that I forgot to get any pasta or rice going to serve with this concoction. So what did we use? Scrambled eggs! I figured it would turn out like one of those fancy skillets at the Olive Branch... and it really did!

cubed chicken
sliced onions
garlic pepper & salt
rosemary (thanks for the tip, Erica!)


Cook these up until chicken is browned. Then I added:

sliced sweet peppers
snow peas


Saute these a bit, then add 1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes and a splash of lemon juice. Simmer until the liquid has reduced.

In a separate pan, scramble some eggs. I used 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, and a little milk. Add cooked eggs to the chicken and veggies.

I'd imagine this would be awesome with some mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top. Then again, isn't everything awesome with cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment