Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Beth's Taco Salad

Mom and I are totally full from all our snacking today, so I'm just making dinner for Heath tonight. I've got this great recipe from my friend Beth who used to live in Colorado. She made this dish for me before small group one night.

1 lb. ground beef
1 can kidney beans
2/3 c. Catalina dressing
1/4 c. water
1-1/3 Tbsp. chili powder


Brown the meat and onions. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes, stirring. Some yummy additions to put in before simmering: chopped bell peppers, corn.

Combine with 4 c. shredded lettuce (or salad mix - whatever you have), 1/2 c. scallions (optional - I've never added these), and a generous 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese. You can also top with tomatoes, avacados, or whatever you'd like.

Toss and add more cheese on top. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos. (I recommend Fritos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment