Monday, May 17, 2004

Ham, Egg & Cheese Sandwich

For breakfast on Sunday, when Mike and Kate were here, I prepared these sandwiches that I've been making for myself for month. They're fast, easy and filling. What more could you want in a breakfast? Almost all the ingredients are in the title!

1 split bagel or English muffin
1 egg
4 thin slices ham (I used pre-packaged sliced ham)
1 slice of cheese (Velveeta works great)
Catalina dressing*


Heat medium skillet (or larger if you're cooking for more than one) to medium-high heat. Drop the egg in and sprinkle with pepper (and salt if you like). Break the yolk with your spatula. Cook the ham slices (stacked on top of one another) next to the egg. Cook for a few minutes and flip. Cook to desired doneness.

Toast the bagel or English muffin. While it's toasting, place the cheese on top of the egg in the pan and put the ham on top of that. This will get your cheese melting.

Drizzle a little Catalina dressing on each half of the bagel. *Now, Catalina is one of the newest staples in our house. But I'd imagine that you can use whatever kind of dressing you like - I bet Ranch would be good; I have also tried Creamy French.

Assemble your sandwich and viola! Breakfast in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment