Monday, June 07, 2004

Chocolate Chip Paradise Knock Off

I had to get this down before it all disappears! Heath and I went to Chili's for dinner a few weeks ago and had this awesome dessert called Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. As I looked at it, I thought, "Huh, that doesn't look too hard to make..." So the next time we went shopping, I picked up some walnuts (not a staple around here) and got to work.

Start with a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe (minus the chips). This is one from my old Betty Crocker cookbook.

First, cream these ingredients together:
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. margarine (softened)
1/3 c. shortening
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla


Now add:
1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together until smooth and tasty.

Spread the soft cookie dough out into an 11x7 baking dish. Sprinkle generously with walnuts, then lots of chocolate chips, and finally top it off with a generous helping of shredded sweetened coconut.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Oh man, this is even better than buying it at a restaurant!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmy!

    Thank you for two things--this and I miss my mom's old Betty Crocker Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Tricia! Glad to see that you're still following the Fooblog. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is watching at all... :o)

    I LOVE the old Betty Crocker cookbooks! They're so practical and have any basic recipe you can think of.

    ReplyDelete