Sunday, April 25, 2004

The Olive Branch

Something else I wanted to note about food today: We ate at the Olive Branch today with a bunch of Heath's family. It was excellent as usual. Linda thought she tasted chemicals on her sausage, but as it turned out, it was just the sausage. Eew.

At the Olive Branch, they have these gigantic cinnamon rolls with white frosting just dripping off of them. These things can literally fill six people. They're huge! They also have yummy raisins baked in and are especially tasty with a little butter spread on them while they're hot so it melts in. Mmmm...

I ordered the Sicilian skillet just like I have done the last several times we've met Heath's family there for breakfast. It's a skillet with chorizo, potatoes, onions, eggs, and a marinara sauce. When I ordered it for the first time, I thought it would be really strange to have marinara in my breakfast. But as it turns out, it's quite tasty.

I do need to order something else next time though. How do I get into these ruts of always ordering what's "safe"?